Monday, July 9, 2012

Inquiry-based Learning: Total Recall

We've plowed through stacks of strategies and theories on education, but how do we know what works? As someone who's an experiential learner, I can say with great conviction that, for some learners, inquiry-based learning is powerful and lasting. I think back on our first class with Dr. Luckas and quickly recall Wendy and Lisa D delivering their inquiry-based lessons. At the time, the process for creating that type of lesson seemed too challenging, too time consuming, because it has to be meticulously planned in order to work. Now, I feel like it's worth the effort because I remember their lessons, which were many moons ago!

2 comments:

  1. I remember that lesson too and reflect on it often! When we are in charge of our own learning, it seems to be much more memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moreover, when we're challenged to think, question, and dig beyond our first impressions, we remember.

    ReplyDelete